All I need is to keep track who joins, updates, and deletes their membership and which specific tier

For pledges members:pledge:* hooks do the same with the same logic.

This sentence feels like a dangerous oversimplification to me. Something the official documentation takes to the extreme. So are you telling me that the members:pledge:* triggers do the exact same as the members:* triggers? What is the point of having two differently named triggers that operate the exact same? Do you mean that the members:pledge:* triggers operate similarly — in that they also fire on create, delete, and update… but for pledges?

The definitions given in the documentation just are not that helpful. What happens if their credit card declines? They never explicitly updated their pledge, they also didn’t delete the pledge. Is it still “a member updat[ing] their pledge” if they never took any action? Can I assume then that members:pledge:update will fire if any of the returned data changes at all? This documentation seems almost a placeholder due to how vague it is — like it was for internal use, and doesn’t at all consider how those without insider knowledge and consumers of the webhooks would be using them.

The documentation desperately needs to define some terms like “member”, “pledge”, etc. For example, it is pretty easy to see how someone could assume that a “member” is someone that is subscribed to one of their tiers — but it appears that if someone even just follows your page, they are considered a member. It also flip-flops between using “reward” and “benefit” in many places:

Libraries other than PHP are not maintained at the moment

A simple notice of this in the repositories and in the documentation is a lot better than just silent abandonment. Otherwise, people are left wondering.

Not all current Patreon staff who work on the api related things post at the forum

Understandable, I probably wouldn’t want to answer questions regarding the documentation on here all day either — especially if I weren’t even allowed to prioritize improving the documentation, if that is the case. Simply improving the API would be an obvious priority, although, I am not sure much progress has been made on that either. The documentation looks nearly exactly the same as it did almost 4 years ago, except for fields being ordered alphabetically — oh, and the support email being removed. So either the API has not changed or the documentation has not been updated in 4 years? Perhaps Patreon laying off 17% of employees has hindered its ability to support users of the platform. I don’t need the actual implementor of the webhooks to speak with me, but having a few support staff to monitor this forum and provide some answers would be good.

The PHP lib is up to date and provides all the examples and and some directly usable code for quickstart

This is mentioned nowhere. If Patreon is happy with their PHP library, I see no reason to not advertise it as a source for examples. There also hasn’t been a release in nearly 5 years, but I guess the API hasn’t been updated since then either?

The documentation is slated for an update.

Glad to hear. It seems many years overdue. It has been my experience that providing solid and clear documentation saves plenty in support for the documented features. If things were defined clearly once, they wouldn’t need to be clarified every week here in the forum. I have been left with a bunch of questions after reading the documentation — they should provide some good direction for what needs improving.