403 - Action Required Cloudflare block for API calls

Until recently my app was working, however recently it appears for specific calls to the Patreon API, it receives 403s and a Cloudflare “Action Required” page.

The requests weren’t supplying a User Agent header, but were working fine. Reading some posts on here, I attempted adding a User Agent header to resolve the issue, but it does not seem to have worked.

I’d appreciate any help in figuring out why my app was blocked for these calls, and what can be done to restore access as it’s currently impacting users.

An example Cloudflare Ray ID of a blocked request is 8b6ce8e47b4b399a.

Is this still happening? If so post a new ray id (or multiple) for such declined requests.

Yup this is still happening.

Here are some more Cloudflare Ray IDs:

• 8b7c97986c9c07b9
  • 8b7c97eceff3c57c
  • 8b7c98ce3d6dc57c
  • 8b7c9934ddeec57c

One other thing to mention is that it’s only for one specific user/campaign. When I do the same API call but for a different campaign (with the relevant access token), it works fine.

This was working normally until relatively recently though, even for this single account that seems to be having issues.

Please let me know if you need anything further from me.

Hey @codebard any chance you’ve had any time to look at this please? We’re still seeing this behaviour and would appreciate any ideas on how to resolve it.