Newsletter-style sign up form to become a free member

I love the new(ish?) free member option in Patreon. I was thinking it would be cool to use it as a replacement for a typical newsletter approach. Rather than signing up for a newsletter, I could have users sign up to become free members. This would allow me to build an organic audience, providing the primary advantage of a newsletter, without needing to actually create a separate stream of content.

Curious if anyone knows of a way to build a simple name/email/submit form to be embedded into the site, either using an actual embed form or by using the API. I haven’t been able to find anything, but figured it was worth asking.

If you post something to your members, it should go out to the free members as well if you choose the option to do so. Of course, whomever you want to get your email must have subscribed to you as a free member at Patreon. So doing a landing page at your site with a ‘Follow us on Patreon to get updates’ or ‘Become a Free member at Patreon to get updates’ with a link to your free membership should work.